Upper Beaconsfield Cricket Club (now known as the Maroons) was established in September 1893. Nineteen members first participated and played at Shorthouse's Paddock which was at the end of Burton Road. In those days a loam pitch was used with coir matting stretched out over it. The first match was played away at Macclesfield- the players rode there on horseback.
UBCC has won 19 senior premierships as well as six junior pennants. In 1970 the club went into recess and was revived again in 1984. Ash Wednesday swept through the Village in 1983 and the Shire of Cardinia decided to re-construct the current oval after people dumped their twisted possessions on the small dusty ground. The modern UBCC was re-formed by an enthusiastic band and won a C grade premiership that first year.
Undoubtedly the pinnacle was achieved when the club reached A grade and won the flag under Paul Halfpenny's leadership. UBCC were champions as well.
Since then the club has expanded with a growing junior section - today we have six junior teams a Milo group as well as four senior sides. The Maroons are on the move. Our objective is to become a well-respected family club, that caters for diversity. With effort we may introduce a female team soon. Our theme song is the Famous Dark Maroons, based upon the Carlton Navy Blues tune.
The best player in the club is awarded the Noblet Trophy named in honour of Fred Noblet, who tragically died in a car accident in 1960 as an 18 year old.